Clare's spirits are much better the last two days, but she is not healed yet. One of her cath sites is pooling blood under the incision, so her cardiologist is monitoring her closely. We were there yesterday afternoon so the doctor could have a peek and will be going back in tomorrow morning because the lump has grown slightly larger. I am praying that we are not sent back to Boston to address this problem. I know the cardiologist is worried that the wound is not healing properly and infection might be setting in.
We still have not heard when Clare's next cath is expected to be. Clare has her full battery of post-cath tests (EKG, chest x-ray, echocardiogram) next week, so the cardiologist should have the recommendation by then. We did talk about the fact that Clare's renal arteries were not looked at during this past cath. The cardiologist was not happy to hear this. I got the feeling she does not want to wait until Clare's next cath to have this done. So Clare may undergo a sedated MRI in the near future to look at those arteries. Unfortunately, this would mean another trip down to Children's Hospital because her cardiologist does not feel comfortable having Clare do it locally without the proper back-up, "just in case."
Here's to better news tomorrow!