Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day

Our family has been blessed to have Shawn as the head. He faithfully goes to work every day to provide for us. He has sacrificed time and time again to be with the family. Whether it is to go to doctor's appointments, therapy sessions, or just be there on a rough day, he is always a source of support. This past week, I finally got to indulge in my Mother's Day massage and pedicure. Shawn took the afternoon off work to hang out with Jamie and Clare so I could be blissfully pampered. When I came home, he had already made dinner and it was on the table ready for me. (As many mothers know, dinnertime is the worst time of day, especially with two hungry children underfoot.) That alone earns him a place in heaven!

I knew Shawn was a keeper when he gave up his dreams of pursuing an acting career to get married and settle down. At first, I felt guilty that Shawn would make that sacrifice for me. But he always told me had bigger dreams than that, and I had the starring role. It has been a joy to see Shawn flourish as a dad. He is an amazing father. He is gentle and tender with Clare. She loves to be rocked by Daddy, especially in the hospital. He is also rough and tough with Jamie. They wrestle and tickle and giggle, having the time of their life.

Happy Father's Day, Shawn! It has been wonderful being your wife for these past 6.5 years, and incredible to watch you being a father for the past 3.5 years. Thank you for all you do! I love you!

(I would be remiss if I did not also thank my OWN father for all he has done. You have always been there for us girls, Dad. You have been a role model for how I want my husband to be as a father. I love you, Dad! Happy Father’s Day!)

(Now I HAVE been remiss. I want to also wish my father-in-law a Happy Father's Day. My other "dad" is an incredible father to his two sons, a wonderful father-in-law to his two "daughters," and an amazing grandfather. Thank you, Dad, for all that you do for our family.

3 comments:

Auntie Becky said...

Shawn,

Happy Father's Day. Jamie and Clare are blessed to have such a wonderful Dad.

Becky

Anonymous said...

There is not much more anyone can add to that beautiful sharing. Shawn - you and Teresa deserve each other, and your love and support of each other is an inspiration to all of us! Thank you, and Happy Father's Day
Aunt Joan

Anonymous said...

Once again you have made me cry! What a beautiful, inspirational family you are. Congrats on finding one another and recognizing a good thing when you saw it!

Also, congrats on Clare's great Early Intervention news! Do you know that your daughter's great progress gives me such hope for my granddaughter, Ava? Thank you!

Kim Monahan
Grandma to Ava, 6mo WS