Monday, March 23, 2009

Oops

When your back is turned loading the dishwasher, and your almost 2-year old keeps saying from his high chair, "Mama, eyes. Mama, eyes," you really shouldn't just keep responding "mmmm" and continuing what you are doing without looking over at the said almost 2-year old. (In my defense, Simon says about a trillion times a day, "Mama, fill-in-the-blanks-of-whatever-he-wants-me-to-look-at.") So it serves me right that when I finally turned around, Simon had decorated his entire face and a good portion of his hair with ketchup. If only the digital camera hadn't been upstairs and the fact that even the smell of that much ketchup makes me queasy (I am not a ketchup fan at all!), I could have shared his red loveliness with all of you.

6 comments:

Laura said...

Well, the good thing is that he was contained in the high chair!!
I bet he was a sight to see!!

Christina and Tee Jay said...

Each new story I hear now makes me think, "For real?!?!? My kid is maybe going to do this stuff??????" I've got to get myself more prepared for this parenting role...

k's mama said...

LOL! That is awesome! I wish you had picks of that. YOu gotta love this stage. They are so curious. I layed down on the floor in the playroom for about 5 mins to rest my head from one of those pregnancy headaches with Keira right beside me playing.. I never fell asleep but somehow when I lifted my head 10 min later she had colored all over her wooden puzzle ( and neither the puzzle or the crayons were out before I layed down!!!)

Aunt Joan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aunt Joan said...

At least it was relatively harmless. Steve 'waxed' the floor with chocolate pudding mix & water (not lately!!). It dried before his mom bothered to check on him!lol Enjoy these fun years before they are gone! Love ya...

The Mixed-Up Mom said...

That was how our bathroom door was turned into an art project. Just remember there is a cleaning product for almost anything . . . and truth be told, I only Magic Erased most of Preston's art display. I left a small reminder for posterity (or until we repaint the bathroom.)