Clare had her follow-up ultrasound scan with the Big Cahuna yesterday at Children's. The glue is holding and doing its job. Her blood flow through the radial artery looks great and completely normal, and she has plenty of flow down to her hand and fingers. The aneurysm is still there, but it's only been a couple weeks since Clare's procedure. She will come back to have another scan in a year to do another check of the aneurysm, unless it becomes a problem beforehand. The doctor does not feel it will be a problem and that it will eventually clear up on its own now that the fistula is repaired.
As for me, my CT scan showed that I have some structural abnormalities in my right kidney that is causing my pain and discomfort. I am going into the hospital tomorrow for a more invasive test, and if the test confirms the urologist's diagnosis, then I will need kidney surgery. I am trying not to freak out about surgery yet until I know for sure. I won't know the results of my test for another couple of weeks, so my biggest concern right now is that I have to stop breastfeeding Violet for 24-48 hours post-test. Lots of pumping and bottle-washing, here we come!