Saturday, August 01, 2009

Follow-Up

Clare had her follow-up ultrasound scan with the Big Cahuna yesterday at Children's. The glue is holding and doing its job. Her blood flow through the radial artery looks great and completely normal, and she has plenty of flow down to her hand and fingers. The aneurysm is still there, but it's only been a couple weeks since Clare's procedure. She will come back to have another scan in a year to do another check of the aneurysm, unless it becomes a problem beforehand. The doctor does not feel it will be a problem and that it will eventually clear up on its own now that the fistula is repaired.

As for me, my CT scan showed that I have some structural abnormalities in my right kidney that is causing my pain and discomfort. I am going into the hospital tomorrow for a more invasive test, and if the test confirms the urologist's diagnosis, then I will need kidney surgery. I am trying not to freak out about surgery yet until I know for sure. I won't know the results of my test for another couple of weeks, so my biggest concern right now is that I have to stop breastfeeding Violet for 24-48 hours post-test. Lots of pumping and bottle-washing, here we come!

7 comments:

Michael and Michelle said...

Glad to hear Clare's surgery was successful. Thanks for updating us on your status...I will keep you and Violet in my prayers.

Noel said...

Glad to hear that things are good with Clare. Not so glad to hear about your medical issues though. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

K's Mama said...

Praying that you DON"T need kidney surgery and that Violet takes the bottle like a champ...

Aunt Joan said...

Teresa~ As always, you are in my every thought & prayer. I am so happy that Clare's procedure has succeeded in what it was meant to do, and hoping everything continues for her. She (& you) deserves to NOT see a doctor for a while! Please keep us posted, and know we love you!

Tes said...

Great news on Clare, so happy it was successful. Prayers for you and Violet! take care.

Tes said...

Great news on Clare, so happy it was successful. Prayers for you and Violet! take care.

Anonymous said...

Tree,
I haven't been able to check the blog for a while :( but I wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you and you are in my prayers each day. If there is anything I can do to help out, please let me know. Love ya

Auntie Becky