Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Happy 5th Birthday, Simon!

Dear Simon Joseph,

It's hard to believe you are 5 years old already! I clearly remember the moment I first saw you after a long, drug-free labor! You were born shortly after the calendar turned to May 1, my May Day baby, born on the Feast of St. Joseph the Worker. And you have been a joy in our lives these past five years. Even though you are so grown-up at five years old, you are still my snuggly boy. I can always count on you to make sure you give me a big hug and a kiss on the cheek every night before bed. You still ask to be tucked in. You love snuggling next to us to read books. You are more reticent than your other siblings and remind me a lot of how I was as a child (and as an adult!). As my middle child (since I am the middle child in my siblings), you have a special place in my heart.

We love you, Simon!  Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Nichole Fisher said...

Happy Birthday Simon!!!