Sunday, January 01, 2006

Our Other Angel

This blog is primarily dedicated to Clare and our family's journey with her through Williams Syndrome. But we do have another sweet angel in this house as well. I know I don't have to explain how loved our beautiful Jamie is by all who know him. Jamie is going to be three at the end of January (hard to believe!), and we are so proud of the little boy he is growing up to be. Jamie is a wonderful big brother to Clare. I could not want a better brother for my little girl. Yes, we are working on sharing (both toys and his parents' attention), but Jamie loves his sister so much.

Clare woke up from her nap this morning on the grumpy side. Jamie sat with me on the couch and talked to Clare (in a high voice, as Mommy and Daddy usually do), gave her hugs and kisses, and shared his toys with her (especially his prized dinosaur light necklace) until she started smiling and blowing raspberries at him. Just as Jamie loves his sister, Clare loves Jamie. She adores her older brother. I hope Jamie and Clare always have a great relationship, and that he is always there for her, especially when she's grumpy and needs someone to make her smile!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jamie - Hi! Mommy says you are her 'other sweet angel'. Of course you are her angel, as well as Clare's angel. I know her love for you will continue forever, and you will be always be Clare's protector. Give Mommy & Daddy & Clare a BIG hug and kiss from me - your Great Aunt Joan in St. Louis.