Monday, April 03, 2006

Restless

It's one of those nights when I just can't sleep. So what better way to induce drowsiness than to stare at the computer screen?!

We are madmen around here these days. Clare's birthday extravaganza has come and gone (it went too fast), and now we're down to the serious business of packing. We are moving in less than a week! We are super duper excited! We have been waiting for this move for so long now.

We originally had our house on the market in May/June 2005 - pre-WS diagnosis and pre-any hospitalizations. In the midst of numerous house showings, Clare was diagnosed with Williams Syndrome and we received the scary news that she needed her first cath. We took our house off the market temporarily until the "craziness died down." We did not know that would be about seven months later! But here we are finally, "Sold" sign in the yard (well, actually "Sale Pending" - apparently "Sold" signs are a thing of the past) and counting down the days. Counting down to a bigger house, nicer neighborhood, and #1 in my book - Clare can have an actual bedroom! We have a complicated juggling act going on right now with Clare sleeping half the night in our room and the other half in Jamie's (the charm of a snug, 2-bedroom house). It's a hassle to say the least. I always had this wonderful idea that my children would share a room from early on. I shared a room with either one or both of my sisters until I was a teenager, and I believe that sharing a room is a positive learning experience for kids. Unfortunately, due to feeding issues, sleeping issues, and 2 am meds, sharing a room with Clare is not as fun (or easy) as I dreamed it would be - for Jamie or for Mommy and Daddy! So hopefully everyone will sleep better once we move into our new house.

And speaking of feeding issues... Clare had her one year visit with the pediatrician today and her faithful GI popped his head in to check on her as well. Unfortunately, due to that lovely stomach virus we all had last week, Clare lost weight. I was not surprised to hear that because Clare has barely eaten any solids since she was sick. I know it will take her little tummy a while to get over that virus. But it would have to happen right before her weight check! So we are going back in two weeks for another weight check.

If we are AWOL for the next few days (weeks? hopefully not!) it's because of our upcoming move. See you all in our bigger house!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on that move! I am excited to hear it will be such a "good" move for all of you. Relax, and take it easy. I know that sounds silly, but try to enjoy the excitement of a new home.
Love & best wishes, Joan

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that I had a part in helping you guys with your move. This makes my job really worth ehile.

Bob M.