Monday, October 31, 2005

Carpe Diem

S~Ever since Clare was diagnosed with Williams Syndrome, each doctor's appt and hospital visit has always resulted in more harrowing news... except today! As we prepared for this cath, we were expecting the worst. Clare seemed to be getting much worse each day. So we were surprised when we got our 11:00am update, expecting one more update after that, and the nurse said Clare was done, and they did not have to put in any stents! Surgery is still on for next week, but for now, we are done. It was so nice to finish the procedure and not have doomsday hit us. Teresa and I were brought to tears because we did not have any bad news. Is Clare on the upswing??? Well, it is too soon to jump to that conclusion (especially with the dreaded surgery coming up) but for today, she did well. She does not need to be in the ICU and her procedure went beautifully. So we are living for today... Carpe Diem!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurrah!! God is working His 'magic' & allowing you two (4) to have some pleasant news this week! God bless you all, and have a wonderful week! Keep us posted. Love, Aunt Joan & gang

Anonymous said...

I heard about baby Clare through Katherine and I wanted to let you know that I am lifting her up in prayer.

Auntie Becky said...

Shawn & Tree,
I'm so relieved at the great outcome. You all deserve the good news. We love you all. Clare's angel is beautiful! What a wonderful idea. As alwayse you will be in our prayers.
Love ya,
Becky

Anonymous said...

So thankful that the procedure went well for Clare yesterday! I have heard of Clare's story from a relative of yours and have been keeping you and your family in my prayers. As I read of this "journey" through your entries in the "Clare's Journey" blog, I am usually brought to tears. So many, like myself, have been touched through Clare's life and through the faith, love, strength and determination of you and your family.
I know God can use tough situations for His good - and I see more and more how much this is not only a journey for Clare, but it is also a journey that the Lord is bringing your entire family through. I am humbled by your faith and love -- it's brought me to my knees in prayer for your darling daughter. Keep looking up -- the Lord has a mircaulous plan for your family and for Baby Clare! Through this tough situation, I pray you continue to see the victories and miracles of His hand in your lives and in the life of your beautiful daughter!
In my prayers.