Saturday, October 29, 2005

Surgery Date

Clare's open heart surgery is scheduled for Tuesday, November 8.

Everyone's in bed (why aren't I???), and I wanted to update the blog. I have been trying to think of something to write that's not depressing, but words are failing me. This is such a scary time for us. I never thought I would say this, but I cannot wait to get into the hospital. Shawn and I are so afraid of "something" happening to Clare while she's at home. I will breathe a big sigh of relief when we are finally in Boston on Sunday. Anyone who knows me knows that I HATE waiting. It's the waiting part that eats me up. Especially since we have noticed that Clare is a little dusky most of the time now. She is more tired, yet is having trouble sleeping (aka no naps and up every 2 hours at night, which makes for a tired mommy as well). She eats much more frequently. Our cardiologist explained that these are all signs that Clare is having trouble regulating her blood pressure since her heart pressures are so out-of-whack again.

I take comfort in knowing that God is watching over his little baby Clare. I know I've said this over and over, but I am just in awe of the tremendous outpouring of prayers, love, and support we've witnessed through our blog. People from all over have heard Clare's story and are keeping her lifted up in prayer. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really wish there was more I could do to help you get some rest/sleep Teresa. The waiting is ridiculously hard on me, I simply CANNOT imagine how you are feeling. Lots and lots of prayers are being sent your way.

Anonymous said...

Teresa & Shawn- I am SO sorry that there isn't a darned thing I can do for you right now! (except prayer, I know that) I pray that you get some comfort and rest, Teresa. Know that our Mother in heaven is watching over you, and you are in Her care. Give those babies a BIG hug and kiss from me, and feel my arms around you, too. Love, Aunt Joan