Thursday, July 16, 2009

A New Day

I just got off the phone with Shawn, and Clare Bear is feeling much better. She woke him up at 4:30 this morning with, "Daddy, I feel better!" Her fever is gone and her heart rate is back in the 120s. She is still a little puffy and has the rash, but the doctors are pretty convinced it is a reaction to something in the anesthesia and not a fluid build-up. Shawn said her rash looks more pink now than flaming red, so it is improving. Clare was eating a little breakfast when I called, so if she keeps that down, she will probably be discharged today.

I am going to take Jamie to his allergy shots this morning then head back to Children's. Hopefully to bring Clare back home with me! (Oh, yeah, and Shawn, too!)

6 comments:

Michael and Michelle said...

Hoooorray!! That's awesome! I'm sure it will be nice to all be home once again!

Nichole Fisher said...

Woohoo - I'm glad things are looking up!

Tara said...

YAY!! I'm so glad she's feeling better! I hope you have a really good day and can bring that beautiful little girl home (and your hubby too :)

Tammy said...

Wow, what an incredible few days for your family! So glad Clare might be released today, then you can snuggle her and have her close to you. Lots of Love is be best medicine for a speedy recovery. Take care.

Tes said...

What a blessing! I hope they get to come home soon. Take care and give all those cuties a big hug for us.

Nicole said...

Great news! So glad to hear it.