It's been a busy day in our household! And it's 95 degrees today in New Hampshire. Insane! The kids and I played outside for about 20 minutes this morning, then had to call it quits. Way too hot!
My god daughter Faith has been transferred to the NICU at a children's hospital, while her mother remains in a hospital an hour away. We continue to say lots and lots of prayers for this family, who are so dear to us. Having a child with medical needs ourself, we know how tense and stressful this situation is, especially with Faith being only hours old. I cannot imagine not being with my baby right after birth. At least I did not have to be parted from Clare, so my heart goes out to them.
We received two calls from Children's Hospital today about Clare. The first was from the scheduler again. The radiologist's schedule is full until July (and we were told he was "very open" - is that what they mean by that??), so once the July schedule is released, they will call us back to schedule it. She just did not want us waiting around wondering why no one was calling. Clare is on a waiting list if there is a cancellation, though. The second call was from the cardiac nurse who answered three questions for us - 1) Clare will be admitted overnight. 2) Clare will be under general anesthesia. And 3) The radiologist will determine on that day whether he wants to use a coil or glue. If he uses a coil, Clare will have another piece of metal in her for the rest of her life. So now we just wait some more. I love this game!
And finally, Jamie is almost done with his course of steroids and his allergy symptoms have not magically disappeared like they were supposed to. So now we are actually at the point of immunotherapy. I am now doing some more waiting for the nurse who arranges the shots to call me to go over everything. We have to go over Jamie's history again to determine what serum she is to order. Plus Jamie needs to not be actively symptomatic (good luck with that!) before he can start receiving the allergy shots, so it may be a good six weeks or so before that happens (which is usually how long it takes Jamie to clear up). And even more waiting...