Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Another Appointment

The next step is Clare has another appointment at Children's Hospital with the interventional radiologist on Friday. He wants to see Clare in person and do another ultrasound of her wrist before proceeding any further with a treatment plan.

As if that isn't enough, Jamie had his six-month dental cleaning this morning (always fun with the gang!). Six months ago, his teeth were beautiful. Now they are riddled with cavities. The hygienist was plying me with questions about Jamie's diet and brushing habits. Other than upping a bunch of his meds, nothing has changed, so I don't know why he suddenly has all these cavities. Leave me alone, lady - I do the best I can! Then she started losing her patience with Jamie because she wanted to get an x-ray and the film was too big for his mouth. The poor kid was trying to follow her directions, but we all know how hard it is to do dental x-rays. How can you expect a 6-year old to not gag when you stuff this huge thing in his mouth that is designed for an adult? I personally like my dentist, but the office is not equipped to handle children. (One of the reasons why we switched Clare to a pediatric dentist, but Jamie had not had an issue with our family dentist. Yet.) So I have an appointment scheduled for him with the pediatric dentist to do an exam. Jamie will most likely need several restorations done under sedation in the near future. Sigh.

4 comments:

Nichole Fisher said...

Poor Jamie! I am not a fan of the dentist and x-rays are the worst.

Noel said...

I hate going to the dentist. I hope that he likes the ped. one better.
When it rains it pours....
thinking of you!

Tes said...

Poor Jaime i am sure he tried his best. mu oldest ava will be sedated for a filling she is due for. when it is Lila's turn for her sealant I will be sedated.

Amy said...

Wow, wishing you a dull moment because it sounds like you guys need some releif! Hang in their, you are truly an amazing person! I admire you for all you do for you family.

amy