Sunday, May 29, 2011

Toddler Quirks

Violet is an enigma. Although she babbles all the time, she is only now starting to put complete sentences together at 28 months old, and those are fairly limited in terms of vocabulary. So when she plays by herself and babbles, I have no clue what's going on in that little head of hers.

Two mornings a week, when Simon is at preschool, Violet has the house to herself. I usually employ this window of time to get some chores done since Violet (generally) loves having the run of the house and the toys. I love to hear her "talking" to herself while I clean or fold laundry. This morning of the photos (before the week of rain hit us), she was going back and forth between the four open windows in the living room and dining room. I am not sure what exactly she was doing, but after about 20 minutes, she moved on to another activity. Then I saw all the open windows and the creatures she had left there. I think they were guarding the house for me. I left them there all day because they were so cute and it reminds me of the little unknown joys that children bring.

Violet also has a fondness for having a container of "stuff." Usually little baby dolls from the dollhouse, Littlest Pet Shop animals (her favorite being the tiny birds, which she calls "tweet tweet"), and other sundry odds and ends. Usually, she steals Clare's ballet purse or some other purse to carry her loot in. But on this day, I found her walking around with her prized possessions in a cage. Slightly odd, but very endearing. Sometimes I share the sentiment that life would be easier if I could just put all my little darlings in a cage!

1 comment:

Aunt Joan said...

What a sweet reminder of how 'simple' life should be, huh?? Violet is so precious!! I only wish I could be more of a part of their daily lives!! Give em all hugs from me, please???