Thursday, November 10, 2005

Closing Time

Clare's chest is closed! It happened sooner than expected, and she did awesome! No major bleeding, no major blips in her stats. Her clotting is still somewhat iffy, so she is receiving Vitamin K injections to aid with that. (Please don't ask me what all this does - I try to soak up as much information as I can from the doctors and nurses, and then forget half of it! I've started writing stuff down, so I can at least repeat it somewhat intelligently to Shawn.) The nurse gave her a little sponge bath, and took the suction tube out of her mouth and inserted it through her nose instead (her ventilator tube goes through one nostril, and the tube to suction acid out of her stomach was inserted into her mouth, but now both tubes are in her nose). She has nothing in her mouth now, so Clare looks much more peaceful and absolutely beautiful!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!! I am so relieved to hear some wonderful news!!! Thanks for sharing all of this. May God's warmth and peace remain with you all through this tough time.
love, Joan

Anonymous said...

We are so happy to hear the good news! Clare is such a fighter! We will continue to keep you all in our prayers. Thank you for the updates! Jen, John, Abigail and Camden

Auntie Becky said...

You all have been in our prayers. Thank you for letting us be there with you. I wish we could do more to support you all. I'm so glad that you have been able to get some well deserved sleep. We will continue to keep you all in our prayers. We love you.
Becky