Saturday, November 12, 2005

Making Progress

Today was a great day. Clare made some real progress. Five of her tubes were removed(including the chest tubes), and she's down to only six medications. I look back over how far we've come since Tuesday. She still has a long way to go, but her progress is amazing - she's an amazing baby. It was a rough mid-afternoon for her with all the tubes coming out, so she slept all afternoon and early evening. She is on a strong dose of morphine, so that certainly helps with keeping her asleep! But Shawn and I did have a couple moments this evening with her when Clare seemed to know that we were there.

Jamie visited the hospital with my family today, and I loved seeing him. Although I've been talking to him daily, it's been five days since I've seen him. He was a little weird with me (very clingy to Auntie Erin), but I know that is just his way of adjusting to all that is going on around him. I was content with, as my mom puts it, to just feast my eyes on him.

Tomorrow's plan is to continue weaning Clare off the ventilator. If she has a good day tomorrow, she may be completely off the ventilator by Sunday. Then we can begin the transition out of the ICU.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! That is wonderful news! I am so thrilled to hear that little Clare is making so much progress. She is a fighter! I will continue to pray for all of you as this journey continues. You are a very strong and amazing family. Thank you so much for sharing this with me.

Heather

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news!! Praise God, as always. Thanks for the updates.
Aunt Joan & gang