Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Good Morning

Clare is in stable condition. She had a rocky night with some more episodes, but this time, the doctors had already figured out what medication worked best for her and could stabilize her much faster. She is still having periodic blood pressure swings, but we have been assured this is just her body's way of recovering from surgery. She also has fluid building up in her lungs (another result of surgery), so her chest will remain open longer than previously expected (in case they need to get in there quickly). She is facing a longer ICU stay than originally anticipated due to the complications.

We're hanging out in the ICU for the day, just being with our baby. It's going to be a long day, but Clare is heading in the right direction, albeit slowly. We've talked to our sweet boy, and he is having a blast with his auntie today. We are more peaceful.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that she is on her way to recovery. I don't know what else to say but that I will continue to pray for you and your entire family. My office is now involved and they send their support. I wish I could wrap up a hug and send it over to you, but thoughts and prayers will do for now. Love, HM

Anonymous said...

Oh Teresa thank you so much for this update. Please give baby Clare a kiss from me and from Elizabeth. And have Shawn give you a big hug from me. I pray your day stays peaceful and you are able to rest with Clare.

Anonymous said...

I am glad the first night is over, and hopefully this day will offer a more peaceful time. May you enjoy your visits with Clare more as she recovers slowly. Prayers are still in the air, as you well know!
love, Aunt Joan & gang

Anonymous said...

Clare has been in our prayers. We are glad to hear that she is stable. We will continue to pray for her and your family. Please give her a kiss from us. Jen, John, Abigail and Camden

Anonymous said...

Well it is now 2:45pm Wednesday - although I should be working, I can't stop thinking of you & your family, so I keep checking back here for any possible updates - Nothing yet... I'm praying this is good news!

More Hugs & prayers for all of you!
Love Terry & Mel

Anonymous said...

Shawn & Teresa,
I am glad to hear that Clare is doing better. Your family, especially Clare, remains in our prayers. She is a beautiful little girl and obviously a fighter. May God continue to bless her and watch over her. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, feelings, and experience with us. I wish I could give you a huge hug. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Love,
Michelle, Eric, Ethan, & Zachary

Anonymous said...

You are all in our prayers and thoughts. We are so glad to hear the good progress.

Love Steve & Ruth